Privacy & Cookies Policies
ATTLEFIELD FARM MACHINERY LTD
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This website contains “cookies”. We use these to optimise the efficiency of the website for the user. A cookie is a text file that contains data. When the user visits a website, the cookie is stored on their computer.
There are two types of cookies. One, a “persistent cookie”, is permanent and is stored on the user’s computer even after they have left the website and closed their browser. The other is temporary, a ”session cookie”. This is stored on the user’s computer throughout the Internet session, but afterwards, it disappears.
This website uses both persistent and session cookies. We use these to –
– count the number of visitors and analyse traffic
– access and log into functions for news subscriptions and job applications
– enable the website to remember and display the language chosen by the user
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION POLICY
ATTLEFIELD FARM MACHINERY LTD needs to gather and use certain information about individuals.
These can include customers, suppliers, business contacts, employees and other people the organisation has a relationship with or may need to contact.
This policy describes how we collect this personal data, handle and store it to meet the company’s data protection standards – as well as to comply with the law.
WHY WE HAVE THIS POLICY
This data protection policy ensures that ATTLEFIELD FARM MACHINERY LTD:
- complies with data protection law and follows good practice
- protects the rights of customers, staff and partners
- is open about how it stores and processes people’s data
- protects itself from the risks of a data breach
This policy applies to all staff, volunteers, contractors, suppliers and other people working on behalf of ATTLEFIELD FARM MACHINERY LTD.
It applies to all data that the company holds relating to identifiable individuals, even if that information technically falls outside of the Data Protection Act 1998. This might include –
- individuals’ names
- postal addresses
- email addresses
- telephone numbers
- any other information relating to individuals
Henry White is the IT and Data Protection Officer. He is responsible for
- keeping the board updated about data protection responsibilities, risks and issues.
- reviewing all data protection procedures and related policies, in line with an agreed schedule.
- arranging data protection training and advice for the people covered by this policy.
- handling data protection questions from staff and anyone else covered by this policy.
- dealing with requests from individuals to see the data ATTLEFIELD FARM MACHINERY LTD holds about them (also called ‘subject access requests’).
- checking and approving any contracts or agreements with third parties that may handle the company’s sensitive data.
- ensuring all systems, services and equipment used for storing data meet acceptable security standards.
- performing regular checks and scans to ensure security hardware and software is functioning properly.
- evaluating any third-party services the company is considering using to store or process data. For instance, cloud computing services.
- approving any data protection statements attached to communications such as emails and letters.
- addressing any data protection queries from journalists or media outlets like newspapers.
- where necessary, working with other staff to ensure marketing initiatives abide by data protection principles.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect data from you so as to complete general sales and admin processes such as quoting, invoicing and account setup.
When you submit an enquiry via our Contact Us page, you’ll receive a notification email. These emails are not sent via encrypted channels by default.
If you enter a competition at a show or event that we are attending or hosting you’ll complete a competition slip, asking for your full name, address, e-mail address, contact number, and whether you’re already a customer of ours. You’ll also have the option to tick if you are happy for us to contact you with future promotions. By ticking ‘Yes’, you’ll consent to being added to our email marketing lists that promote similar products and services.
WHY DO WE COLLECT THIS DATA?
It enables us to keep you up to date with all our events, promotions, news and future developments. We keep all customer account information confidential. We don’t use it elsewhere in the company without the individual’s permission.
HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR DATA? WHO HAS ACCESS TO IT?
ATTLEFIELD FARM MACHINERY LTD might use Google Analytics on our website to help us to analyse trends and improve our marketing efforts. Any individual visiting our website will have their IP addresses collected. We never distribute or sell this information to anyone else. Google Analytics is fully compliant with recent GDPR guidelines.
FOR HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
Data stored for customer purchases will be kept unless a formal agreement of account closure has been presented to ATTLEFIELD FARM MACHINERY LTD.
Please note – You may opt out from any email marketing by using the unsubscribe links at the bottom of the marketing emails at any time.
Anyone has the right to contact us in writing to update or remove any of their information at any time.
We will conduct staff training on how to store data as well as use of it in the future.
If you have any questions about how your data is stored or if you wish us to remove your data, then please email Henry White at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Deposits are non refundable unless we are unable to fulfill the order within a month. Deposits paid are non nonrefundable if the purchaser does not complete the order within 60 days of the deposit being paid. Unless agreed in Writing between both parties.